The Legal Nest Built by law students interested in equal access to justice.

Family Law

Family Law

Petition for Divorce
This Petition for Divorce starts the divorce process and may be used in an uncontested divorce proceeding. This is when you and your spouse agree on the basic terms of the divorce such as dividing assets and living arrangements.
Download Petition for Divorce Document

Appearance, Waiver & Consent in Divorce
The Appearance, Waiver & Consent in Divorce is used when the non-filing spouse has received a copy of the Petition for Divorce and waives his/her right to service of process, consents to the marital settlement agreements & a financial statement that is attached, as well as notice of trial and a right to appeal.
Download Appearance, Waiver & Consent in Divorce Document

Final Judgment & Decree of Divorce
The Final Judgment & Decree of Divorce is submitted to the court clerk for the judge to sign after all details have been finalized in the divorce proceeding. In an uncontested divorce, the information on the Final Judgment will be similar to that in the Petition for Divorce.
Download Final Judgment & Decree of Divorce Document

Legal Name Change
This Legal Name Change contains (3) forms that may be filed in the clerk’s office. Additionally, the second form, Notice of Petition to Change Name will be published in the newspaper once a week for four weeks. After this, you will submit to the court the Final Decree (Name Change) and obtain a certified copy of it.
Download Legal Name Change Document

{"title":"","show_title":"1","post_type":"post","taxonomy":"","term":"","post_ids":"","course_style":"recent","featured_style":"excerpt","masonry":"0","grid_columns":"clear3 col-md-4","column_width":"200","gutter":"30","grid_number":"6","infinite":"1","pagination":"1","grid_excerpt_length":"100","grid_lightbox":"1","grid_link":"1","css_class":"","container_css":"","custom_css":""}
No more to load
© The Legal Nest. All rights reserved.